Monday, 9 February 2015

Six Ways to Relocate to Australia

The days are gone when you simply jumped on a ship and got there.
Now things are somewhat more difficult. In this very simple and quick guide, I’ll run through 6 ways to move to Australia.

Employer Sponsored Staff
Provided you can find a supervisor who is able to give you a job opportunity, this can be the fastest way to get your first foot into Australia. It can certainly lead to a permanent residency. Work with the same business for 2 years, keep your nose clean and submit an application for residency.
This works best for approved abilities only and provided the business satisfies the government that no Aussie worker is out there for the position. For highly trained jobs it's possible to come straight in on a permanent visa, dependant upon available programmes.

Experts and other Proficient Migrants
Or the General Skilled Migration programme, as it's also known. This for those over 18 and under 45 yrs old (Update: Now 50 I believe) who speak good English. The jobs lists are somewhat of a minefield but there appears to be the Skilled Occupation List (SOL), Critical Skills List (CSL), Employer Nominated Skilled Occupation List (ENSOL) and the Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL).
Baffled? Yes. Me too. The easy answer is at the conclusion of this article, so don’t freak out.

Business People
Again, I do believe this choice is only available to those over 18 and under 45 years old (Update: Now 50 I believe). Referred to as the Business Skills Visa, you will have to establish or put money into an Australian business.
Provided that your business successfully complies with what's needed, for instance, by employing the necessary number of Aussies, this also can bring about permanent residence. I do believe investing in a business could work.

Nurses and doctors
There's a lack of both nurses and doctors and therefore there are lots of prospects for those with credentials to make the move to Australia on a permanent basis.

Investor Retirement
Finally, in case you are over 55 and without dependants, excluding your spouse, and can establish you are self financed, you'll be able to retire in Australia. You'll not receive a permanent residency but you do receive a four year visa. You can re-apply each and every time it's up for renewal and provided that you continue to fulfill the prerequisites, chances are it will be renewed.

Working Holiday Visa (WHV)
The Working Holiday Visa is obviously not permanent. However for those aged between 18 and 30 it’s an amazing method of visiting the nation to find out whether you love it. You are eligible to work for the full period if you want, although you are only able to work for a maximum of half a year with any one employer.
On the other hand, if you have a skill that is in demand here, then coming over for 12 months and showing your talent to a number of companies might result in a Employer Sponsored work offer. This may be one of the fastest ways to get here in tiny steps. Holiday Visa - Sponsored Visa - Permanent Visa.
The WHV and the similar Work and Holiday visas are solely available to passport holders from qualifying countries, at the time of writing (see the Australian Government website for updates) they are…
WHV: Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.
Work and holiday: Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Thailand, Turkey and the USA.

This is not intended as the full list or even an authoritative guidebook. A couple of pages to offer you an overview is not going to tell the full story. And that’s all this is. An overview. The rules change all the time and they're extremely complicated.
As an example, the government announced a reduction in the nation’s skilled migration intake at one time. The building and manufacturing sectors were the ones hit. The thought was that corporations would need to find bricklayers, plumbers, welders and carpenters locally to fight the recession in the building trade. Besides, businesses that can’t find staff locally can still go overseas for them.
If you want to discover how complicated it all gets, head over to immi and take a look around. You can view all the latest job lists and see how the points system functions. There's a pretty good search box top right normally goes to what you have asked for.

Receiving Professional Help
And I mentioned a straightforward answer to all the difficulties earlier. Get a Migration Agent. Make sure they are MARA (Migration Agents Registration Authority) listed. They know all of this stuff inside and out.
I now have such an agent working with me on this website, I’ve known him since late 2011. He's really good at exactly what he does and can give you a professional assessment based on the exhaustive info he'll ask you to provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment